Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2004

Two weeks in and I'm running out of things to write

Hello there and Hi!
on this weeks show theres Poetry at Poetry.com, More random things and more THIS WEEKS BIRTHDAY BASHES!
Poetry, to some its boring, to others its a way of communication but whatever you believe it is it doesnt really matter, poetry is poetry.
Many months back ( I forget when) i entered a Poem into a contest at Poetry.com, a site dedicated to amature poetry, and I won a spot in a book. How cool is that! Anyway jsut recently I recieved an email that said "because I had won a place in a book eariler in the year, I would be getting another place in another book to be published sometime later this year/ early next year" or something along those lines. So i thought "What the hey if they want a poem I'll give'm a poem" which is exactly what I did. I got a poem that i wrote on a flight from Sydney to Shanghai, which was about looking out of the airplane window to a wonderland of fluffy white tinted gold by the setting sun and marveling at its beauty, and entered it. While there I also entered a Haiku competition (I've come to realise that most of the poems I write are about celestial things such as the sun, sky, moon etc. etc.) which is about the sky. If you would like to enter or check out my work then go to www.poetry.com (if you want to check out my work then search up my name: Charles Tian).
Wish me luck!
This weeks Spontaneous things that happened this week...
Well it rained alot, most Sydneysiders (infact most of NSW) would know that. I also judged at the FITZ Band Comp in ST Ives (for any international readers, thats in Sydney, NSW... Australia) which was great.
Newsflash! Truck driver almost drives truck into creek!
Yes thats right folks on Wednesday (I think) a truck, which very much resembled a semi-trailer, got itself stuck on Minimurra Avenue in Gordon/West Pymble. It appears that the driver was attempting to do a U-y on Ryde Rd and ended up slipping abit into the creek next to Minimurra Ave. State traffic service came to its rescue shortly afterwards and by the end of the day, the truck was winched out of its impending "doom" and back on the road again. This reporter does not know the true extent of the details but I am pretty sure that truckie got a hefty fine for damaging the environment and causing quite a bit of traffic.
THIS WEEKS BIRTHDAY BASHES!
This week we recognise the 15th (I think) birthday of Annalise Tyne (sorry if I spelt your name wrong). HAPPY 15th. And thats it. If you would like to be part of THIS WEEKS BIRTHDAY BASHES write to me at nait_selrahc@yahoo.com.au you can keep your age a secret if you wish. you could also go to:
http://www.BirthdayAlarm.com/dob/26791945a749743922b363
and enter in your birthday details into my birthday reminder database or leave a comment (please, I'd love the feedback)
This is Nait Selrahc (Charles Tian) signing off saying to you...
CHESTER CHEETAH CHEWED A CHUNK OF CHEAP CHEDDAR CHEESE!
Bye Bye

No comments: