Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

I read something once... long ago

When I was a child, I came across, indirectly (via play school I believe) a book. The story of the book was that a little girl didn't want to eat her vegetables or something like that. But her figure of the parental/grandparental/guardian...al variety told her that if she didn't eat her food quick enough it would keep growing and growing. And lo and behold it did. so the next time she had dinner, she ate her food as quickly as she could so it would not have the opportunity to grow.
The moral of that story was that you should deal with things right away otherwise they blow up into things much larger than you can handle.
Clearly I did not learn much from this story until I think about it in hindsight because I have many essays to write which I did not start early or I did not do the work for something which caused me to have to write another essay.
In short I had over 6000 words of essays to write plus 4 exams to study for in the space of 2 weeks, which then became 6000 words and 4 exams in 1 week.
Now it is 3500 words and less than 3 days until my first exam...
It's times like this I wish I could duplicate myself to get more work done, even at the risk of falling into a coma once i'd finished it and reunited my duplicates, or time travel so I could whip my past self into doing the work... which would technically create a time paradox because the current me should not be with past me if I had done the work in the first place... oh god... why did i start that train of thought...

No comments: